Thursday 13 December 2012

Dead forever?

Well, we had our last meeting yesterday and it was good to wrap things up after a year of reading Proust together.  Not everyone is quite done, but most of our stalwarts are very close to completion.  And much like Bergotte's life after death through his books, the Proust Reading Group will live on in our oh-so-sensitive hearts.  More accurately, we will also have a celebratory movie night in the new year to watch Raul Ruiz's Time Regained.  The exact date is to be determined, but we were thinking around the first week of February.  If you'd like to attend, leave a message here and I'll be sure to get you more details as they become available.

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to see the movie if you hav en't seen it yet. I"m going to Vicoria again on Feb 18th for a month. Could you email me about it please" It's ystack@shaw.ca
    Thanks; I'll miss our Wednesday nights; maybe we should start on Balzac!
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry I missed this. I've been wanting to read Proust for decades! Have tried several times. My last attempt was to listen to Swann's Way, which worked well as I could listen many times. But now need to find the next volume on CD.
    If you start on Balzac (!), I'd love to hear about it. Thanks
    Shabiraj@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Shabira! Sorry you missed us, but we will probably be doing some events in November for the 100th anniversary of the publication of Swann's Way so do keep an eye out for that. And we might do another book at some point but I don't know if it will be Balzac.

    ReplyDelete